Thursday, December 22, 2011

This post is something that I have wanted to sit down and write for a while. However, today I found the motivation from a status on Facebook that let me know it is something I need to do.
It read: "Ladies, never take relationship advice from your single girlfriends."
Besides being hurtful, I can think of a million reasons why this is just plain ignorant. I am only addressing a few that come to mind.
1. Just because someone is single now, doesn’t mean they have never been in a relationship and can’t give advice from past experiences.
2. If someone is truly your friend, you should care what she has to say regardless of her current relationship status.  Which leads me to the topic I have wanted to address for some time now- singleness.

I know that the holidays can be a difficult time for singles. It is hard to look around at different friends and people I know who are dating, sharing in holiday activities, and yet I find myself at night finding things to do on my own. Alone. Not to mention that the internet and magazines are filled with weddings this and wedding that, making it easy to feel bombarded by the topic, and even more… alone.

However, having spent most of this year single I am more than confident than ever that I can be happy on my own. It is a beautiful feeling to not be dependent on someone else for my happiness. All I can say to those who are still waiting on “the one” is be patient. The best decision I have made is to use this time to know and trust Jesus. The world needs more young women who are willing to stand on their own and wait for the best. I look forward to the plan that Lord has for me, and all of you as well.
Love and hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment